How to protect public financesManaging fraud risks and ensuring compliance in public procurement - Effective prevention of bid rigging - Detecting and investigating procurement fraud
A crucial part of public spending is handled through public procurement procedures. Bid rigging, illegal agreements between competitors and conflicts of interest of procurement staff are, however, a threat to public institutions. Therefore, staff responsible for the prevention and detection of fraud as well as procurement staff needs to be well prepared to identify red flags and to monitor and audit procurement procedures.
about this event:
The Winter Academy on “Public Procurement: Preventing Irregularities & Fraud” is a practical training and offers detailed information on all important fraud risk areas in public procurement. Participants learn from first-hand experience during case study sessions and directly apply their newly acquired knowledge in interactive workshops and team exercises taking place at the end of each training module.
- Recognise red flags for fraud and corruption in public procurement.
- Train your staff to be familiar with fraud risks on public procurement.
- Network and exchange experiences and know-how with our experts and other attendees.
What will you learn at this Practical Seminar?
- Develop your knowledge on how to determine whether bid rigging or collusive tendering is taking place in your institution.
- Become familiar with investigation techniques to discover possible procurement fraud.
- Gain a deep understanding of risk management when dealing with contractors and subcontractors.
- Find out more on how to increase the efficiency and transparency of procurement procedures in your institution.
- Actively avoid conflict of interest within your staff when it comes to public tendering.
- Directly apply what you learned during interactive team exercises.
- Receive a unique diploma at the end of the Winter Academy.
Who is this seminar for?
Heads of Departments and Units, Managers and other responsible staff from institutions such as:
- Ministries and executive agencies
- International Organisations and NGOs
- National and international agencies for international aid and development, economic cooperation & reconstruction
- Public development banks & public banks
- National and regional Courts of Auditors
- Corruption prevention and combating bureaus
- National inspection boards
- National and regional police and security authorities
- Public prosecution services
- Other international, national and regional public institutions and organisations
- Consulting companies working with and for the public sector
Our Event Catalog 2020Public ProcurementThis brochure gives you an up-to-date compilation of our "Public Procurement" events.
Use our NewsletterAlways well informed.
We will keep you up to date on updates to our program, new topics and events as well as available early booking rates.