Effective Online Crisis Communication: A Massive Challenge for your InstitutionPrevention and Preparedness - Crisis Response Strategies - Reputational Repair Practice
An international organization’s legitimacy in the public’s view depends on its goodwill and integrity. These factors are put to test in times of crisis. Communication departments are tasked with guarding their organization’s reputation by employing tactical and timely responses, especially on social media. However, if not used well, social media can aggravate the crisis and turn an easily manageable situation into a shitstorm.
about this event:
Get Resilient and Crisis Ready While Improving on Crisis Prevention
Our selected practitioners will showcase real-life examples, practical tips and tools on how to position yourself in the world of online communication. In a variety of interactive sessions and inputs, we will focus i.a. on:
- Establishing effective crisis responses and reputational resilience
- Containing an online crisis before traditional media get involved
- Building a strategy for online communication
- Evaluating the effectiveness of communication strategies
What will you learn at this Practical Seminar?
- How to optimally use online communication channels in a crisis situation?
- How to structurally prepare for a crisis in terms of capacity building within your team?
- Which communication strategies support you rebuild trust with your external stakeholders?
- How to create emergency strategies for an online crisis?
- How to effectively react in case of a crisis (especially on fake news, hate speeches, social bots)?
- How to contain a crisis within the online world?
- How to evaluate online crisis communication activities?
Who is this seminar for?
Directors, Heads of Departments or Units, Spokespeople, PR and Communication Officers, Communication Coordinators, Advisors, Chief Specialists, Crises and Risk Managers and other members of staff in departments such as:
- Public Relations/Affairs/Information
- Public Diplomacy
- External and Media Relations
- Social Media
- Crisis Communication
- Risk Management
From organisations such as
- International and European Institutions
- National and regional public authorities
- Local public authorities
- Associations and foundations
- Higher education and research institutions
- Public affairs agencies
- Public transport companies
- Consulting companies
Our experts team
from practice for this event: