about this event:
Correct Handling of Irregularities Is Essential
Learn from experienced Managing Authorities how to identify irregularities in practice and implement effective and proportional risk management measures. Understand how to differentiate irregularities from fraudulent activities and how to cooperate with OLAF. Get an idea, how to use the IMS and what data to report. Look beyond 2020, reduce administrative burden, improve your internal system and prevent irregularities from the start of your implementation process.
What will you learn at this Practical Seminar?
- What are the guidelines for irregularities in the new programming period 2021-2027
- How to identify irregularities and distinguish them from clerical, technical errors and fraud cases
- What are possible measures to prevent irregularities in the first place
- How to report irregularities to OLAF and the European Commission
- How to improve the system of internal control in order to avoid irregularities
- How to successfully identify and handle irregularities in public procurement
- How to manage financial risks of irregularities
- How to conduct corrective actions in practice
- How to identifying and manage financial risks of irregularities
- What are the consequences for a Member State when not complying with its obligations in regard to handling irregularities
Who is this seminar for?
Directors, Heads of Units, Experts, Managers, Auditors, Controllers, Officers, Lawyers and other members of staff dealing with irregularities in EU funded projects from:
- Managing Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies and other Authorising Bodies (e.g. Ministries, Public Banks)
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Public and private Beneficiaries of EU funds
- Other bodies responsible for EU funded projects or other multilateral and bilateral projects