Using Accruals for a Better Organisation
Accrual accounting and budgeting can have a major impact on your efficiency and accountability, but can also lead to an overload of information. Having accruals in place does not automatically translate into the desired benefits. Without a thorough understanding of specificities in the public sector, of the interplay between accounting, budgeting and reporting as well as of decision-making and controlling, the cost of accruals can even surpass their benefits.
|Event:||The Optimal Use and Implementation of Accrual Accounting and Budgeting in Public Institutions|
|Period:||08.06.2020 - 09.06.2020|
|Venue:||**** Hotel in Prague, Czech Republic|
|Price:||1189.00* till 06.03.2020 Early Booking Price|
|Customer contact:||Céline Petit|
+49 (0)30 80 20 802 - 2538
|*All Prices are in Euro and excluding VAT (21 %).|
exclusively to inform you.
about this event:
Get the Complete Picture – Strengthen Accountability, Decision-Making and Sustainable Planning
This international seminar will provide you with in-depth insights on the differences between accruals and cash, various challenges organisations faced while implementing accruals and on how to harvest the full potential of accruals. We will i.a. focus on:
- Accruals for decision-making and management control
- Implications for governance, financial reporting and accountability
- Adapting business processes to an accrual basis
- Translating accrual statements into meaningful budget reports under IPSAS
What will you learn at this Practical Seminar?
- What are the key differences between accruals and a cash basis and how do you adopt accruals along the accounting cycle?
- How do you implement accrual accounting and budgeting within your organisation?
- What are the pros and cons of accruals, and how do you harvest the benefits for decision-making and managerial control?
- Which challenges might you encounter while implementing accrual accounting and budgeting?
- How do you embed accruals in your business processes and organisational culture?
- How do you have to adjust your data collection and IT systems for a functional accrual system?
- How do you reconcile different reporting structures with IPSAS?
- What role do stakeholders play in the wake of implementing accruals?
Who is this seminar for?
All Directors, Heads of Unit and Officers from Departments and Directorates for:
- Internal Oversight
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Resource Department
- Corporate Management
- General/Central Administration
- Organisational Development
- Quality Management; Quality Assurance
- International, European and national institutions
- All central, regional and European agencies and other public authorities
- National and regional ministries
- Public banks, especially development banks
- Universities, research and education authorities
exclusively to inform you.
Our Event Catalog 2020Innovative Public Administration: Finance, Taxes & HRThis brochure gives you an up-to-date compilation of our "Innovative Public Administration: Finance, Taxes & HR" events.
Use our NewsletterAlways well informed.
We will keep you up to date on updates to our program, new topics and events as well as available early booking rates.